Thursday, May 17, 2018

New Journey Begins

So 14 years ago, I started a journey that didn't pan out so well.  I had a gastric lapband put in. 14 years of throwing up almost 4 time or more per week.  I did loose weight with the band I'm not gonna lie and I did maintain at 221-225 for the past 10 or so years.  But after my 50th birthday in February things started to go really south.  I had constant constipation, I could not eat anything without it hurting.  I was in pain.

My family convinced me to get the band taken out. So I consulted a doctor...who turned out to be kinda of a flake.  Needless to say that didn't pan out.  So I contacted one of the big names here in Dallas and made an appointment to see him and discuss my treatment plan. 

Turns out it was a good thing I went to see him.  He sent me for an EDG on Tuesday May 8th and by Friday everything had pretty much gone to Hell in a hand basket.

So today Thursday May 17th at 6:54am I sit in a hospital chair beside my bed writing this post. 

Monday May 14th

I had the lap band removed and a gastric by pass done. 

So this is my beginning.  I came into the hospital weighing 221lbs.

My goal it work with a dietitian and lose the remainder of my unhealthy weight.

What I had intended to do was to just have the lapband out but due to complications beyond our control it was medically necessary to have the bypass.

I'm tired and sore right now and feeling very gassy.



In the 14 years since I had the lapband there have many significant changes in my life.
1. I got divorced from a bad emotional marriage
2. I remarried a very kind loving man. Who loves me for me and I love him for him My Bestfriend
3. I'm a grandma to the most adorable little boy in the world

I feel like I am in a much better place to start over Maintaining ME. 
The Doctor told me it was time to get selfish and put myself first.  So here I am trying to do just that.

I will insert a before pic here, of where I started in 2004 if I can find it.  A pic of me today, when I get a chance to get out of this hospital gown and I will keep you posted on my journey.





No comments:

Post a Comment