Sunday, May 27, 2018

14days Post-op

So I had my first follow up with my doctor/surgeon.  That's different.  I think I went to the surgery center to get my staples out after lap band, or maybe they did while I was in the hospital afterward. Either way I didn't see my surgeon again after the hospital stay.

I go back in again on Tuesday to see him.  Hopefully to get the drain removed, aka the grenade (it looks like a clear grenade without the pin) 

I have three appointments this week one with the surgeon, one with my GP, they called because they heard I had surgery and wanted to touch base and schedule a follow up too. The doctor I had when I first moved to Dallas, whom I loved never followed up with me after surgery, so this was unexpected.

Thursday I meet with the Dietician, I'm actually looking forward to this one! 

I still feel tired and weak, but I'm beginning to get around a little more.  I think adding the protein drinks has added to my energy level, and I have started drinking electrolyte water because I was feeling dehydrated and I can't have Gatorade right now.

On June 4th I get to start healthier soups, with chunks in it! Looking forward to that I have already started menu planning.  I found some soup recipes for two. Because I have difficulty making small batches of soup. 

Oh and my daughter went with me to my Dr. appointment with the surgeon and we discussed the rapid weight loss.  I have already dropped like 14 lbs in a very short amount of time, it didn't' seem like that was good.  She would lose weight on the diet that I am on too if she were to do it but not likely to lose as much.  So we were both concerned at the rate.  Turns out it is normal.  I'm a little overwhelmed by it.  Seems like so much so fast.

 That's it for now. Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment