Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Day 2: Journal 10 Things You are Grateful For

Over the last couple of years I have picked up a cute little notebook every January to use as a gratitude journal.  Every year I jot down thing for a few days, then the usual happens, I forget or get upset and don't take time to look at my life and be grateful.  My Friend Sakina who is also doing this Challenge posted here about the science of gratitude check it out. Then come back and read my list.

Gratitude can help us make sense of our past, bring you peace in the moment, if you just sit and think about 3 things that you are grateful for right now, and IT CAN give us hope and vision of what we want our tomorrows to look like.

So without further ado here are the 10 things I am grateful for today.

1. My Family;  My children have grown into such wonderful diverse adults that I am super proud of. My husband is my best friend and #1 supporter.
2. Waking up each day; Today is a gift that is why they call it the present.  Is that how the saying goes.  Each day we have the chance to begin again, no matter what your struggle.
3. Coffee; Honestly I have to say this lovely beverage hot or cold is the glue to my day and the way I fell in love with my husband.  So to this glorious bean, I owe a lot of gratitude.
4. Music; Music makes my day brighter, the world would be a sad place without music. 
5. Health; I have struggled with my weight and food issues for many years.  I am thankful to have my health back on track and still improving.
6. Books;  Where would I be without a good book to read?  It is the best free escape a girl can get.
7. My Cat; She keeps me company and loves to snuggle. I love her cold nose that works on my touch screen and pauses movies or tv shows. (I just wish there was a way to solve the cat hair issue)
8. My upcoming trip; I am going to Florida for 3 weeks to be with my husband over winter break.
9. My crafts; I am thankful for all of my crafts from planners to making yarn, knitting crochet and cross-stitch keep me sane sometimes
10. Friends; Those friends that you have that no matter what happens in your life you can pick up like you saw each other yesterday and keep moving forward. The friends who don't judge you. I am thankful and grateful for my groups of friends.

Did you watch the video on Sakina's blog?  Are you ready to be happy?  Make your list!  What are you grateful for?

See you tomorrow, for Day 3

No comments:

Post a Comment