In this day & age it is hard to be grateful everyday, and even harder to express that gratitude. Being negative and destructive seems to be the norm. I find myself falling into this trap. So when Sakina posted her top 10 on her blog yesterday, I thought why not, take a moment and think about what it is I am grateful for. It wasn't easy. I think I am going to take a tip from Sakina & think about what I am grateful for each day and jot those things down each day. I think that is a wonderful idea. So now without further a do here is my top 10.
1. God. HE is the reason that we are all here and to whom we should be the most grateful. He has seen to it that my life has gone in the direction that it has. He has given me so much. Without him and my faith that he knows all the answers I could not survive.
2. Husband He is my BFF, my coffee partner, ardent supporter of all my shenanigans both professional and personal.
3. Family We are small,,,but we have a deep love for each other. My children are grown, and live their own lives and are making their own decisions about life. I am very proud of them and happy to call them mine. We will have a new member in our family in late March/Early April and He will be very well loved.
4. Friends. I think I have the best group of friends a girl can have. We travel well together, spend great times together, and thoroughly enjoy each others company, I feel blessed to have them in my life.
5. Hobby I have many hobbies most of which revolve around string. Without this hobby I feel like I would have gone crazy many times. My hobbies are my relief and relaxation time.
6. Coffee Yes I am very grateful for coffee. It is what brought my husband and I together, for that I am very thankful to this delicious beverage. Hunting down new local coffee shops where ever we go is one of our favorite things to do.
7. Chocolate Hello FEMALE
8. Our Cat she is a source of great pleasure. She makes me laugh because she is just plain weird.
9. Gilmore Girls streaming on Netflix. Just because I can tune in or tune out with something fun and familiar when my mind just needs to go nowhere in the evening after a long day at work. I can walk away don't need to pause it, come back and not be lost. Recently watching I heard something that I hadn't ever caught before, a historical snipe from Michel to Kirk. Hilarious!!! Plus it reminds me of being curled up in my bed watching it with my girls on ABC Family every afternoon after school.
10. A good book. The kind where you can loose yourself for hours and get really pissed off when you finish. Because it's over, and now you gotta find another good book.
Well that was not too bad. I did actually come up with 10 things that I am grateful for. Please share something you are grateful for, come up with your own top 10 list...it is rather satisfying, when you give it some thought and complete the list. As mentioned above I do think I will give Sakina's idea some thought. And if you want to read her Gratitude List the link to her blog is on the right. Thanks for stopping by.