Thursday, June 14, 2018

One Month Out

So I have survived a month! I am now on soups, which I am quickly getting bored of.  Someone I follow on instagram just posted a recipe for Arroz Caldo and I think I'm gonna give that a go, and maybe make some homemade ramen this weekend and see how those go down. A nice brothy ramen with an egg and some veg and some chicken.  YES!!!! OK so now I'm not feeling to bad about soup!

So this week I had a good experience, my husband I have a membership to LA Fitness with our Insurance it works out really cheap and we have access to any club near us we are not stuck at one club and it works if we move or travel if there is an LA Fitness we can go.  So I got this before my surgery hoping to get over there and start working out, however.....I got really sick and didn't have the energy for going. But this week I did make it to the Gym.  I have done a mile on the treadmill, baked in the sauna and had a nice shower.  I was kinda testing the waters so to speak.  I did great, Then....a set back that lasted me through yesterday but today I am feeling ok, and think I will go again when hubby gets home from work, if not I do have a plan for Saturday to go to an aqua fit class because, YES I was cleared for it.  NOT cleared for yoga yet, but by August they said I should be good to go.  They don't want me doing anything that is too ab focused.  Let all that inside stuff heal well. I think they lean a little too much on the cautious side but...I will be compliant and not do anything ab focused until August.

So since the last post I have seen my General Practioner, he was happy with my BP and BG  numbers and agrees with my surgeon, no more diabetes meds for now.  BP we are gonna keep an eye on. I am waiting for him to post my stats and get back with me concerning they Hypothyroid issue. Which he didn't see in January, and they caught at the hospital.

I also had my first visit with the dietician, I liked her, she is very practical.  We are not counting calories we are counting grams of protein I am supposed to be getting in each day and keep trying to get enough water in each day. I go back to see her in August after I have been on a normal diet for a month.  Then we will discuss meal plans and everything.

I did start a food journal. I got the happy planner fitness/health planner I think it is called.  Been doing pretty good at keeping up with that.

I have had a couple of bad days, since last time I posted.  I don't know if it was dumping syndrome or what, but the first time I had some white bean stew and that went down like a rock I was in pain for what seemed like hours, the second time was a riced cauliflower soup that went down hard as well.
Nothing that would immediately call to mind dumping syndrome. (ie Sugar) But boy.....the symptoms were the very same as dumping syndrome.  But could have been severe gas as well. IDK!!!!! It's hard to say, and something I will need to discuss with my doctor when I next see him.  So avoiding those two things for awhile.

Lapband to Bypass 5/14/18
HW 325
SW 221
CW 205
GW 158




No comments:

Post a Comment